Friday, October 05, 2007

Persistence

When your many streams of consciousness
Make a suicidal leap into the sea
You will have a eureka experience
And finally understand me

When the footfalls of your idea army
March straight into battle to die
And spill blood where the Earth is driest
You will grow an eye for and I

But if you think of me in sleep
When your defenses have fallen to the floor
I might see you twitch in resentment
And forever close this door

So walk on a great deal longer
plod over impossible terrain
Then I will show you what light I have carried
And all will not be in vain

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Lobo said...

:)

6:10 PM  
Blogger longblackveil said...

*seeeteeeees!*throwing chillar!*cartwheels!*

Polite applause, legs crossed.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fellow poet, do you write on the computer, or do pen and paper work for you? i'd love to know

1:24 PM  
Blogger Ostrich said...

Ryan: :) right back atcha

LBV: You are my favourite rowdy! Thought of you today after the match..was truly super.

Anon: I love writing on pen and paper. I often jot couplets/ short verses down when ever they come to me on pen and usually put them together on the computer...well now atleast that i have the luxury of one. Would love to read some of your work and hope you won't stay an anonymouse :)

8:20 PM  
Blogger Finny Forever said...

perfect. as always.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home